Byron Wood Academy Vision:
‘Our Vision is to provide an inclusive environment where children participate, reach their potential and are proud of their achievements. All children will: gain experiences which enrich their lives, become responsible members of society and be ready for secondary school.’
- Byron Wood opened in 1931, as Burngreave Secondary
- In 1969, Byron Wood became a middle school
- In 1991, Byron Wood amalgamated with Ellesmere Nursery to become Byron Wood Primary School
- In 2016, Byron Wood Primary School became Byron Wood Primary Academy, as part of the Reach4 Academy Trust.
- In 2017, Byron Wood Primary Academy, was re-branded from Reach4 and became part of the Astrea Academy Trust
- In 2020 Byron Wood Primary Academy relocated into the new school building in which we currently enjoy delivering education to our community.