The Pupil Premium Grant is an allocation of additional funding provided to schools to support specific groups of children who are vulnerable to possible underachievement. These include pupils who are entitled to free school meals, those looked after by the local authority and children of armed service personnel.
The grant for 2018-2019 for pupil premium is £236,280.00
Objectives in spending PPG for 2018-2019 This year we want to narrow the gap between FSM and non FSM children through the following strategies:
* Additional TAs to support in F1, F2,
* Additional reading support in Y1, Y2, Y3, Y4, Y5, Y6
* Purchasing new reading resources to support pupil attainment
* HLTA and class teacher will work with new arrival children to accelerate their English language acquisition and progression – Language Classes
* Giving the children lots of enrichment activities through visits to the theatre, theatre productions in school, workshops, authors, illustrators
* Subsidised visits and residentials
* Purchase of books for Reciprocal Reading
* Continuation of Learning Mentors to improve attendance and promote high standards of learning behaviours for key children e.g 1:1 counselling, theraplay etc
* 1:1 support for more able in Y1 to ensure all pupils reach their potential.
For a breakdown of the planned PPG spend for 2018-2019 and how the 2017-2018 grant was usedclick here
PPG spend for 2017-2018 and how the 2016-2017 grant was used and the impact of PP click here
Click here to see the seven building blocks identified by the research undertaken by NFER that are common in schools which are more successful in raising disadvantaged pupils’ attainment.